How Parents/ Carers can refer a child attending school (including school nurseries)

Information for Parents/ Carers

If your child is at school it is important that you first discuss your concerns with your child's class teacher or the school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo). The SENCo at your child's school can then discuss and liaise with the schools link Speech and Language Therapist.

If you are having any issues with the referral process, you could also contact us directly via the Speak Up Salford e-mail at


Please click here to view how a child's speech and language skills typically develop. 


If you have checked the developmental norms, continue to have concerns in regards to a child and would like to refer to Speech and Language Therapy yourself, please click on the referral form below. 


Referral form for school aged children (including school nurseries)


Please complete every section of the form as fully as possible writing in 'no concerns' where appropriate. Your child's school may then be asked for further information.


Referrals should be returned to:


Speech and Language Therapy

Sandringham House

Castle Courts

Windsor Street


M5 4DG

Or email to